7 Days of Blogging Freebies - Sign Up Today!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Learning Learning Learning

After taking yesterday off to enjoy everyone (we went shopping, had a car tire changed, went to the pet store just to look at the animals.) And there we saw a HUGE python, a snapping turtle, a couple of puppies, bunnies, hamsters, oh yeah and that thing called a freaking COPPERHEAD (yeah copperhead snake, as in poisonous). Noah was so amazed with it. He was watching it and inspecting every inch of it. I loved watching him watch it. He is so intrigued with reptiles and loves watching tv shows that has them. He loves watching the Crocodile Hunter in the morning and his favorite is Call of the Wildman. His new favorite hobby is catching lizards (I think have already touched on this a little bit lol) but he loves it. So today, we went out and bought him a critter carrier, so he can catch it and put the lizard in it to observe it. He knows that its not for keeps and that he has to let it go back outside, but I think it will be a great learning experience for him. Here's a picture with one that he caught the other day
I think he named him Buddy, or Little Guy, or Fred. I'm not sure. But I do know that he has a gift for being able to catch them and not hurt them and them not hurt him.

Abigail is still trying to find something that she is interested in, but I honestly think its going to be food. That child loves food. Eating it, watching it, cooking it, reading about it. I can't get her to read a book, but she will read recipes. So now I have to figure out how to incorporate that into her learning. This has been a learning challenge for me, because I don't know to do that with cooking. But I'm researching it and figuring it out.

Jade loves airplanes, helicopters, anything that flies. We live a couple of minutes from the airport and we can see them going overhead all day and night, and she has to run and watch them. She is so amazed with them. She even builds them with her blocks! SEE:





As for Braeden, he is finally talking. He has several words that he is saying.  A few of them are
Mama and Daddy (finally)
more, ball, Noah, Abby, awesome, yes, up, out, stinky, diaper, spongebob


I think that's all for right now. I have several posts in the works, one is an update on my grandpa and another is mine and Scott's top 5 reasons why we homeschool! Keep a look out for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment