7 Days of Blogging Freebies - Sign Up Today!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Life Lessons Turned into School Lessons!

This all started last night when a friend called and said "Hey let's go to the tanning bed!" Okay, I'm all for a few minutes of me time away from the kids (what mama isn't?) I didn't take the time remember that it had been almost 10 years since I had stepped into a tanning bed. So I jump in all lathered up in lotion and fall asleep for 15 mins. Great relaxing 15 mins, next time I'm taking my MP3 player with me lol
I felt great until 4 this morning when I rolled over and felt like I had been set on fire. Yep thats right, bright smart intelligent me, is tanning bed burnt.... crispy, like a tomato with hair lol
Now this morning, the kids wake up and start asking questions, like why i am sitting in the deep freezer (not literally) and why my face is so red. So I pull my shirt up and show them my stomach and back. My 8 year old looks at me and says "It wasn't hot yesterday, so why are you sunburnt?" Smart little booger he is. So I had to explain to them vanity (lol) lack of judgement and what a tanning bed really is. I think we are off to a great start this today, as long as I can get out of the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment