7 Days of Blogging Freebies - Sign Up Today!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Reading Eggs!

I was given the awesome opportunity through The Homeschool Lounge to get a free trial at ReadingEggs.com
I have to say that I had to invest in purchasing a membership with the website. All three of my children love the site.
My 8 year old, Noah, loves the fact that as he reads and does the quizzes that come after the story/chapter book he had read, he earns gold eggs (hence the name Reading Eggs). Then he can take his eggs and use them as currency to buy things. He has his own 'apartment' that is decorated his way, with pets, and his own clothes on his avatar. He would stay on this website and play all day every day if I let him. I have had to start limiting his time on the site in order to get other things done.

My 7 year old, Abigail, likes the games that the site has to offer. She enjoys the phonics game that comes with the site, as she is still having difficulty reading at times. There are games that isn't really educated related but it is still something that she can do and learn about at the same time. She also likes earning the eggs and using them in the stores to buy different costumes for her avatar.

My 2 year old, Jade, likes doing school with the older kids. So a lot of times while I am busy helping Abigail with her assignments, Noah will sit at the desk with Jade and do her little lessons with her. She is doing the phonics lessons, where she learns what the letter is, what it looks like and what sound it makes. She is catching on pretty quick and will tell you that T is TA for turtle and B is BA for ball.

I feel very lucky to have been given the change to get a free trial for this website. It has been a headache saver on those days when it seems like everything has gone wrong with our lessons and so to make sure the kids get some learning in for the day, I let them loose on the readingeggs.com website!

The Home School Lounge
Reading Eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment